Yoga-focused Psychotherapy Holiday
(Yoga-focused Psychotherapy Holidays are available for 7 nights)
Emotional Challenges - Emotions play a major role in our life. Whenever we face certain situations/events in our life, we experience certain emotions. If these situations/events turn up to be as per our desire/wish, or are favourable to us, we may experience pleasurable emotions. But if they are not as per our wish/desire or are unfavourable to us, we may experience painful emotions.
Pleasurable emotions like confidence, determination, trust, motivation, passion, hopefulness help us to focus well, think straight and move towards achieving our goals.
However, painful emotions like anger, anxiety, hurt, guilt, shame, disappointment, frustration, depression, fear etc. may hinder our ability to focus and find solutions to the problems, thus making us dysfunctional for the time being or longer and thereby leaving a miserable experience.
Few of us are able to manage such emotions well, but, some people when they are disturbed, think-feel-act in a dysfunctional, self-defeating manner, which may not help them to achieve their goals, make it difficult to enjoy day to day pleasures of life and thus lead to a life full of self-doubt, frustration and disappointments.
Some of our emotional problems may be embedded in our childhood or early experiences, but they are maintained by the way we think about them now. We can learn to deal with such situations and resolve those emotions, thereby leading to a healthy change in our perspective about self, others and the world.
Ability to manage emotions such as anger, anxiety, depression, guilt, hurt, shame, jealousy etc. may make it easier for us to lead a more fulfilling life. Our ‘present’ can be made more enjoyable, livable and bearable rather than leading a miserable and emotionally disturbed life.
Who is this Psychotherapy Holiday for?
You should join this holiday if any of the above emotions are creating a problem in your life, in your day to day functioning at work or at home, posing a threat to your relationships or damaging relationships, leading to avoidance behavior, making you feel miserable and uncomfortable internally, feel frustrated and experience displeasure in day to day activities, feel irritated or agitated about small things, feel like you're trapped and unable to use your full potential.
Yoga and Psychotherapy Holiday Includes:
|Private Yoga Therapy Sessions||4|
|Private Meditation & Pranayama||4|
|Private Counselling Sessions||4|
|Drop-in Yoga Classes||6|
- Accommodation, bed linen, bath towels, hand soap & housekeeping services
- Morning Psychotherapy based Yoga class and evening drop-in yoga class are included.
- Two healthy, vegetarian buffet meals breakfast and dinner
- Filtered drinking water & hot drinks including lemon ginger and chai (full day)
- A variety of evening activities open to all throughout your stay including Indian Kirtan, OSHO meditations, Indian music, movie nights, chanting and meditation
- Flexibility to create your own holiday schedule around yoga classes
- Full use of resort amenities including two swimming pools, relaxation areas, gardens and private beach access with sun loungers
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pool towels (beach towels not included)
- Smoke free environment
- Pre and Post Assessments - Psychometric assessments are used for assessing the psychological/psycho-social problems of individuals. Basic assessment tools will be used to identify problem areas, which help to have focused, strategic intervention during the holiday. Pre-assessments will be conducted by the psychologist on the first day of arrival or pre arrival online. This will ensure personalized attention to help find solutions to problems faced. Pre and post assessments can help monitor the progress and define the path for further work required on the case.
- Yoga Class based on Psychotherapy- One hour session in the early morning. This session will be focused on the integration of Yogic principles and Psychotherapeutic principles. In the evening you will be joining our drop-in yoga classes where Yoga postures, Pranayama, Yoga-Nidra (Guided relaxation/ meditation), will be taught and practiced. Asanas and breathing techniques appropriate and helpful in addressing a problem will be discussed and taught. Focus will be on understanding and using such methods to help relieve one-self from the mental/ psychological challenges he/she is facing. Focused approach for goal directed intervention can help target certain psychological and mental problems and thus learn skills to manage them well.
- Individual therapy session - There will one to one counselling sessions included in holiday as per your plan. This session will be personalised and designed on your goals that you want to achieve during your stay.
**If a person wishes to do more sessions, they can book prior appointments and avail the benefit. Post holidays you can continue with counselling online and you can book with us those before you leave.
These counselling sessions will be on the topics below. You can choose topic to discuss for each session or continue working on the challenge that you face most.
Anxiety is an emotion present in all human beings. The only difference is many are able to manage it well and a few are not. How it is manifested in our life, decides what impact it has on our functioning.
As per WHO, 1 in 13 people may be undergoing Anxiety Disorder or 18.9% of adults in USA alone are suffering from Anxiety disorder. Although, it is considered to be a most common mental health disorder, it can be managed very well if early intervention and therapy is possible.
If you experience any of the following signs, it may be an indication of anxiety.
- Feeling on the edge
- Unable to focus on academic or work related tasks
- Insomnia or sleep disturbance
- Feeling irritated or frustrated most of the time
- Constant negative thoughts about the future
- Feeling of impending doom on small mishaps in life
- Constant worrying about performance related issues
Anxiety is a natural emotion which we all experience in our life. We can help you build coping skills through our programs which may help you learn to live with it, and still make your life more enjoyable and satisfying.
WHO reports: Depression is a common mental disorder. Globally more than 300 million people of all ages suffer from Depression. Depression is a leading cause of disability worldwide, and is a major contributor to the overall global burden of disease. More women are affected by depression than men.
Depression is a problem that involves the body, mood, and thoughts. It affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one feels about oneself, and the way one thinks about things. A depressive disorder is not the same as a passing blue mood. It is not a sign of personal weakness or a condition that can be willed or wished away. People with a depressive illness cannot merely "pull themselves together" and get better. Without treatment, symptoms can last for weeks, months, or years. Appropriate treatment, however, can help most people who suffer from depression.
Most people with depression never seek help, even though most of them will respond to treatment. Treating depression is especially important because it affects you, your family, and your work. Some people with depression try to harm themselves in the mistaken belief that the way they feel will never change. Depression is a treatable disorder.
If you experience any of the following signs, it may be an indication of Depression.
- Feeling low most of the time
- Unable to focus on academic or work related tasks
- Insomnia or sleep disturbance
- Feelings of hopelessness or helplessness
- Constant negative thoughts about the past and ruminating thoughts about some past incidents
- Tears roll down your eyes on small events
- Feel self-pity, guilty and miserable at times
Clinical depression may need medication. However research indicates that medication supported psychotherapy and a well balanced lifestyle can help aid faster recovery.
Some people may not experience clinical depression but may feel constant low moods that may keep them unhappy and unable to enjoy day to day pleasures of life. These low moods if addressed at right time can help prevent an oncoming Depressive episode.
We can help you build coping mechanisms and strategies to maintain mental stability even in most testing times and situations of life.
Phobia is a type of anxiety disorder, defined by a persistent and excessive fear of an object or situation. People experiencing phobia may want to avoid specific situations, objects or events in anticipation of experiencing anxiety and discomfort arising out of such encounters. Psychotherapy in adjunct with medication can help manage such situations well. Learning coping strategies can help face such objects, events or situations thereby making life easier, enjoyable and more productive.
Social anxiety (Social Phobia) is a common mental health condition in which social interactions cause irrational anxiety. People may experience fear, anxiety, self-consciousness, shame, embarrassment leading to avoidance behavior. People tend to avoid social interactions and may cut off from society, public meetings, gatherings etc. Some may have excessive fear of situations in which one may be judged, worry about embarrassment or humiliation or concern about offending someone.
Such conditions/problems can be managed very well by training individuals to face feared situations, social events in day to day life. It’s only a matter of learning to deal with the anticipated anxiety, and life may become bearable and livable.
We can help you identify the irrationalities behind such unrealistic fears and anxieties. We will help you, coach you, and stand by you in the journey of devising strategies and ways to deal with these imagined ghosts (metaphorically speaking).
“I am short-tempered” or “He/she is short-tempered” is a common phrase we all may have heard many times in our day to day interactions. What it indicates is that ANGER is a common emotion we all experience in our life. Most of us may have experienced anger outbursts many times on really big problems or on petty issues. And then after the anger episodes, many of us may have also experienced guilt leaving us feel ashamed of our behavior. Few of us also justify the expression of anger and aggression for getting some work done from people, and end up thinking that’s the only way to get the job done. However, we do not realize the resulting physiological consequences it can have on our ‘HEALTH’, the dent in our ‘RELATIONSHIPS’ and our distorted thinking ability at that moment not supporting us to achieve our ‘GOAL’ at hand.
Anger issues whether mild, moderate or severe may lead to dysfunctional behavior keeping us away from achieving our life objectives both personal and professional. Some may think that it’s a natural reaction and we do not have any control over it. This thinking may be true to an extent, but there are ways and means of working on regulating anger and making circumstances, situations and people turn in our favor.
Come; let’s explore more about how to manage our thoughts and emotions in our favor for a fulfilling and happier life.
Interpersonal conflicts / Relationship issues / Marriage/Couple Counseling
“I just can’t stand that person, his behavior” is what some people may think at times and also express to others. In today’s globalized scenario, we all understand the significance and necessity of cordial relationships whether at work or at home. But many a times, we see a challenge maintaining healthy and helpful relationships. Some people have trouble relating to others, accepting their views, opinions or attitudes.
It is observed that most of the arguments and conflicts arise out of some beliefs and attitudes that we hold about others and their behaviors, as such strongly held beliefs color/influence our thinking processes at such times.
Relationships can be made stronger, healthier by working on some such unhelpful thinking processes hidden in our mind.
Couples may have problems in their relationships/marriage owing to certain rigid/dogmatic rules or demands that they hold in the mind about the other person and their behaviors. Clearing the misunderstanding and learning to manage our thoughts well can help us acquire alternative and helpful attitudes towards the partner, thus making our life easier and livable and the partnership more enjoyable.
Connection between couples may start fading away over a period of time. Many couples may just carry on living together out of some compulsions, however the ‘LOVE’ in such an arrangement may be non-existent. Building that Love and affection again in life may make the relationship more enjoyable and fulfilling.
Two simple tasks of giving up the ‘DEMANDS’ from the other person and arriving at his/her ‘Unconditional Acceptance’ can help mend/nurture the relation, if we wish to continue in the relationship.
Spa therapies, treatments, workshops, airport transfers and day excursions are available at an extra cost during your stay.
Please check our accommodation options.
Contact us for availability and price.